Bible Study Opportunities
Weekly Bible Study
Wednesday mornings from 10:15 a.m. -11:00 a.m.
The Deacons and the Rev. Shepard Parsons hold a weekly morning Bible Study based on weekly bible verses in the Revised Common Lectionary
We use the readings under
READINGS FOR THE COMING WEEK
We meet Wednesday mornings in the Parish House
Memorial Room for fellowship and study.
This is open to the community! Bring your friends!
We are a small group of church women (anywhere from 2 to 9 of us) who meet before church to talk about and share our faith, and to consider what we would like to do, to contribute, and to explore going forward.
*If you’re interested in these ideas or have others, contact Penny Rogers, 203-530-2486.
Women of Faith
Women of Faith
A small group of church women (anywhere from 2 to 9 of us) met before church, from late November into January, to talk about and share our faith, and to consider what we would like to do, to contribute, and to explore going forward.
Here are the ideas we came up with:
1. 8:30 am on Sunday morning is NOT a good meeting time!
2. We DO want to explore our faith, enhance our connections to each other, and support our church and its ministry.
3. Some would like to restart the Prayer Shawl ministry. We can do that.
4. Some were interested in having “Faith Partners”, specific people you would choose to share your faith with, and thereby grow in faith. We can do that.
5. Some of us would like to become Digital Dames, women who can use our iphones, ipads, and computers to have our faith and our church at our fingertips. We have an offer from Kiku Jones and Cathy Hubbard to lead us in this direction. Bring your laptop to church. Date to be announced. Ladies, we can do this!
6. We had thoughts of an online book club with a “live” meeting at the beginning and end of
each book. We can do that.
7. We discussed volunteering at one of the agencies supported by Christian Service, or another place that was in need. We can do that.
8. We considered a study group on the topic of “What the early Christian church has to say to us today.” Amazingly similar challenges! We could learn a lot!
*If you’re interested in these ideas or have others, contact Penny Rogers, 203-530-2486. We’ll start soon.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Bible Study Will Resume In September
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Since our parishioners have come to us from many denominations and from many places on their individual faith journeys, there are apt to be lively discussions on our individual differences and agreements. No one is required to “toe the line.” Each person, through prayer and study, is expected to grow in the Christian faith. Where you are today is less important than where you will be tomorrow.